Today in the virtual world, creating an online presence has become everything. And no matter how hard experts may argue about the latest Google updates or policy changes affecting their overall Search Engine results, the fact remains that without great articles, your website is as good as dead.
So your espresso machines ready and be sure to make at-least a few cups, because we are going to explain you why you need great articles and how it can catapult your online presence and earning potentials through the roof.
Article is Everything
You go to a book shop, pick out one of the fanciest vintage books you can find, crafted from the finest leather and the name written in golden or black ink. You pay a few hundred bucks for it and bring it back home, hoping to read a story that will enchant you as much as the book itself and just when you start turning the pages..
Wham! All the pages are empty. You keep turning the pages over and over again, in hopes that there was a misprint and you will find the story a few pages down the book. But there is nothing.
The only reason for this example is because this is exactly the same mistake that most website owners make, causing them to crash and burn even before the launch their website.
One of the most common problems with the people, who are interested to start an online business, is that they spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on developing the website. Spend some more to do some pre-launch advertising.
But when it comes to getting articles, they put the least amount of attention on it or try getting them for peanuts. Without even realizing that articles are the soul of a website and without it, no one including search engines will ever notice your website because of the poor content in it.
What Does Articles Have to Do With SEO?
Since the time Google was launched, it has undergone multiple updates and policy changes. And because of this constant evolution, many websites end up losing their raking and in some cases disappear almost entirely.
Or this is what experts would want to believe.
The fact remains that through all of their updates and policy changes, the value of quality articles to Google has remained the same. And websites with a constant flow of quality articles which people enjoy reading are always given higher priority.
But My Website Does Not Rank Even With Quality Articles?
Despite spending a good amount of money behind articles, many website owners still have a common complaint that they don’t rank high on Google. And there are two key reasons behind this:
- Poor Keyword Research
- Constricted flow of quality articles
Even though website owners may initially spend a lot of money on quality articles, they don’t put too much research behind keywords. And by too much research, we mean no research at all.
Despite holding maximum value in Search Engine Optimization, minimum keyword research is required. And if you are unable to do keyword research yourself, tell your writer as they will be more than happy to do it for you. But website owners should always keep in mind that a handful of quality articles is never enough to make a website rank, and they need a steady flow of at-least 2 articles per day for as long as the website exists.
Because without regular articles updates/changes, the search bot spider will stop indexing your website entirely and visitors too will start losing interest.
Articles Make Money
A lot of website owners maybe completely unaware of the fact that articles are the only thing which helps you make money.
It’s not the product that you sell, it’s not the website that you’re trying to promote, but it’s the articles on your website. High quality articles alone have been known to keep visitors interested and earn website owners money through advertisements, etc, which means that even if a website is not making a sale per say, articles alone can earn them revenue by keeping visitors occupied and encourage them to keep visiting over and over again.
And the products, websites, etc, that you link help you earn some more. But before going out on an endless hunt to find the cheapest place to buy articles from, you should always keep the following things in mind:
1. Cheap articles, means poor quality. Yes you might find it interesting at first look, but to the masses your cheap article may be the exact thing which forces them to stop visiting your website entirely.
2. Don’t ever write yourself. Yes there are many people who have mastered the English language and are able to produce decent articles, but there is a good reason why people hire a professional. And it is the same reason why you visit a doctor to get an operation or a mechanic to fix your car. Professionals understand what the masses want and how to keep the audience interested and help improve rankings.
3. Too much serious is never good. There are many website owners who try to be extremely professional through their website and demand only the most professional looking content. But in reality, people don’t like reading things which sound too serious. This is the only reason why people don’t like reading the newspaper anymore and have started looking for a lighter alternative in the virtual world.
4. Keep it simple. You should always keep in mind that you can present information to your audience without getting over complicated. Because as soon as you start making your article sound too complicated, people will tend to leave your website and look for an easier alternative. No matter how good or informative your article may be.
By keeping these 4 basic principles in mind, there will be no stopping you in your quest to create a truly successful website which ranks and earns you a lot of money. But without forgetting that its articles that make your website what they are.